Here is information regarding “naked” GoPro Hero 8 camera – a stripped down GoPro 8 can have the weigh reduced from 126g to only 15g.
This guide will be focusing on the GoPro Hero 8. I have another post just for the Hero 6. I recommend reading it, there are info that is useful and can be applied to the Hero 8.
Here is the naked Hero 8:
(Images by Martin Geur)
BEC Board for Naked Hero 8, so you don’t need external voltage regulator. It’s a plug-and-play solution, even has built-in buttons and status LED. There are two brands making these.
BetaFPV BEC Board for GoPro Hero 8:
URUAV BEC Board:
Step by Step how to disassemble Hero 8 (PDF Guide): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aeni7J5-XNQYpCnyI59DPC0JP9H_XXKd/
Main Board Connectors
Hero 8 Logic Board Connector Part Numbers:
- I sensor: JAE WP27D-P040VA3-R15000
- II USB: JAE WP25D-P028VA1-R8000
- III REC button / GPS: JAE WP21-S020VA1-R8000
- IV MODE button / touchscreen: JAE WP21-S030VA1-R8000
- V front LCD: Hirose BM20B(0.6)-10DS-0.4V
- VI battery: Hirose DF57H-4P-1.2V
- VII microphones: JAE WP21-S010VA1-R8000
Button mod for the Hero6 can also be done on the Hero8. Full credit to Jonah Blaeser.
Here’s the pinout for the REC/PWR buttons:
The LED mod isn’t needed because the status LED is located on the mainboard.